Overexposed portrait experiment
Maybe it’s a personality flaw, but I don’t like throwing away images. If there’s one I like the look of and it didn’t work out the way I wanted, I’ll tuck it away for later. They’re good practice for Affinity Photo.
Case in point.
This portrait was overexposed. A shame because I liked how it was composed.
When I tackle a problem image like this I keep notes. As well as reminding me what I did and why, they’re a useful reference if I need to come back to it later. I’ve started adding them as a text layer on the image (and hidden). Adjustment layers are also getting more descriptive names.
The end result isn’t my best, but I figure it’s OK for an editorial image or an abstract in a blog post. And, as is customary, a black and white version too.